Lockdown in Wuhan
Crisis has reached critical stage
Speculation cause of virus from bush meat markets
Bush meat menu in a restaurant
China: Rushing to build 10000 beds hospital in 6 days in Wuhan
26 January 2020
It’s been renamed to SARI
☝From S’pore Dr Henry Yeo
“It has been named SARI, and it is determined to be an evolutionary virus of SARS. The pathogenic mechanism is exactly the same.
The virus enters the body and interferes with the immune system, causing the immune system to mistake the lung cells for foreign objects and launch an attack. The patient is killed by his own immune system.
At present, all drugs on the market are ineffective. The only method used is to suppress the immune system with hormones, but at the same time, the human body will be very vulnerable.
At the same time, this virus is more intelligent than SARS:
1. Longer incubation period;
2. Some patients have normal body temperature from infection to onset to death, that is, fever is not a characteristic symptom of the disease, and body temperature screening It is not possible to ensure complete screening, which is why the city is closed.
3. The transmission speed is faster. Currently, only evidence of air transmission is obtained, but it is not clear whether there are other ways.
1. Wuhan Coronavirus has been named "Sari".
Second, the testing reagents for sari have been made by enterprises and are listed in batches. In other words, there is protection in the outbreak detection process.
Third, there is still no effective medicine, the treatment mainly depends on hormone therapy.
This is a double-edged sword and will affect the patient's own immune system. After the cure, there is a high probability that it will become invalid.
Fourth, self-examination mainly depends on blood oxygen saturation. If the blood oxygen value drops sharply, you must go to the hospital for inspection immediately. Finger-type oximeters are essential for families.
5. The incubation period of sari is longer than that of Sars. Some patients do not even have a fever and are easily missed and ignored. The first phase of the Spring Festival is coming to an end, and the subsequent new cases of epidemic situation in various places are not optimistic. Therefore, individuals must be prepared for this epidemic situation to be more serious than that of SARS-try not to go out during the Spring Festival! Make reasonable arrangements for the pace of life in the six months before the arrival of midsummer.
6. The tight supply of masks is expected to be eased when the construction starts after the festival. But goggles are hard to say-the infection may include droplets from the eyes.
Seven, do not go to crowded places! If you have to go to a public place, wear a mask and goggles, pay attention to personal hygiene, wash your hands, wash your clothes, wash your clothes; eat a reasonable diet (adequate intake of vitamins / minerals / proteins); take adequate rest. These points should be the basic responses.
8. The transmission path of the sari virus has not been fully understood, so it should be far away from crowds. Couriers, professional drivers, sales clerks, etc. are all highly exposed people and should be kept away. Also avoid wild animals, and family pets should pay close attention to keeping a distance from other animals.
Nine, the most terrifying future:
A. In case the number of infected people is far greater than the number of beds in the country, I am afraid that it will be a problem for patients to be treated in time.
B. After large-scale human infection, sari clothes may mutate the next generation.
Therefore, it is best to make all preparations and sacrifice unnecessary trips to avoid being infected! Avoid getting infected! Avoid getting infected!
X. Chinese New Year on the spot.”
Kid eating live ants.
SARS is virus passed from bat to civet cat then to human (especially when you bite off the cat head raw and chew). Wuhan is passed from bat to snake to human.
China’s health minister Dr. Ma Xiaowei had some very bad news Sunday about the Wuhan coronavirus: He said people can spread it before they have symptoms.
A veteran adviser for a US health agency called the news a "game changer."
“When I heard this, I thought, ‘oh dear, this is worse than we anticipated.’ It means the infection is much more contagious than we originally thought,” said Dr. William Schaffner, a longtime adviser to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Schaffner added that this new piece of information called into question the current US practices for containing the virus so it doesn’t spread beyond the three cases that have already appeared in Washington state, California, and Illinois.
“Assuming that Dr. Ma is correct, we’re going to have to re-evaluate our strategy, that’s for sure,” said Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
If Ma is correct – and information about this virus is constantly evolving -- for about two weeks, people who don’t even know they’re sick can spread the virus, which has killed more than 50 people in China and infected thousands.